15 February 2009

The slam dunk contest - A total dissappointment

Frankly speaking, I am not a big fan of All-star weekend and the hype sorrounding all the activities orginized during 3 days. Yes, I watch some of these activities every year and mostly am quite interested in the slam dunk contest. It is a kind of excitement to see whether the contenders show us something fresh and untested. But overall, the All-star stuff is not deserved to be taken very seriously contrary to opinions of some people, mainly the ones who broadcast the show every year.

I have just watched the slam dunk contest and other activies of the saturday night; 3 points contest, the skill challange etc. Even though Nate Robinson won the final, I think he was not better than Rudy Fernandez who unfortunately eliminated in the first round. Because Robinson is the shortest guy attending the contest (around 1.80 metres), the dunks he commits look more dashing and good. Especially the second dunk Fernandez did was really very impressive and I bet most of the players in the NBA can't do that. But for the jury, it was not enough to let him proceed to the final. I guess the dunk can be seen on youtube. If you have a chance to look at it, you will see what I mean.

I will probably watch the All-star game tomorrow. However, I have no great expectations to witness a basketball magic; but rather it would be a good game where I can see some star players on the court at the same time. That's all for me.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online